To quote Wikipedia:
"Intelligence has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, creativity and problem solving. It can also be more generally described as the ability to perceive information and retain it as knowledge for applying to itself or other instances of knowledge or information, thereby creating referable understanding models of any size, density, or complexity, due to any conscious or subconscious imposed will or instruction to do so."
Regrettably, we did not have a set intelligence scale from the start of this wiki, and largely left it up to individual users to define the statistic on a case-by-case basis, and now it is too late to do a massive revision.
However, some suggestions would be:
- Learning Impaired
- Below Average
- Above Average: Characters that show greater cognitive ability than the norm, but do not particularly stand out in any intellectual or academic fields.
- Gifted: Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields.
- Genius: Genius level intelligence in one, or a few, areas of research.
- Extraordinary Genius: Far above real world human intelligence in multiple fields of research. Capable of inventing futuristic technology.
- Supergenius: Vastly superhuman intelligence in virtually all fields of research.
There should also preferably usually be explanations for the ratings within a following parenthesis.